Wednesday, January 17, 2007

John Edwards - Silence Is Betrayal

John Edwards spoke at Riverside Church in New York on Sunday, January 14th regarding King's stance on the Vietnam War and how it parallels the war in Iraq.

"If you're in Congress and you know this war is going in the wrong direction, it is no longer enough to study your options and keep your own counsel.
"Silence is betrayal. Speak out, and stop this escalation now. You have the power to prohibit the president from spending any money to escalate the war — use it."

"It is time, brothers and sisters, for America to be patriotic about something other than war."

2 comments:

HopeSpringsATurtle said...

Nice Carl. I have always liked J.E.
There are groups that don't trust him and think he's "smarmy" among other things, but I like him. I don't trust Obama, I think he's an opportunist. The little he has divulged about his views and/or platform seem weak and pander-y to me. I wish Dennis Kucinich had a chance. I read something today about how the "new left" is really the "old middle" and "the right" is something just short of satan...Dennis really speaks to many of my concerns, but if push comes to shove I would vote for Edwards in a hot New York minute.

Broadway Carl said...

Interesting take on Obama, Hope. I actually like him. I've read a few of his speeches on his website and remember his keynote address at the Democratic Convention in 2004. He actually got me going and feeling good about a politician for first time in a very long while. But I guess your doubts will be settled one way or the other in the months to come.

 
ShareThis