Thursday, August 28, 2008

Richard Dreyfuss Rips GOP

The day I decided to start this blog was because of Richard Dreyfuss' appearance on Real Time with Bill Maher almost two years ago. He was speaking of civics and our duty as citizens to question the government when we thought necessary.

He was interviewed by Nora O'Donnell on MSNBC and ripped into the Bush administration and the "corrupt" Republican party as a whole when asked if a President McCain would better handle a disaster like Katrina that the Bushies did.

Dreyfuss: I don’t think the Europeans have any confidence in our government. I think that the last eight years has destroyed two hundred years of respect and dedication. And I think we have been the point of meaning and admiration in the world for very specific reasons, and George Bush trashed it.

O’Donnell: So, you don’t think that John McCain would be able to manage this government well, would have a different response than George Bush to a Hurricane Katrina?

Dreyfuss: I think the Republican party is corrupt through and through. And even the republicans like Buckley before he died said ‘we should lose this election, go into the wilderness, and get cleansed’, and I believe that’s true. I think that they have been in office too long. I think that they are too adept at thievery, at moving the Constitution into places it never meant to go. I think that they have an extraordinary ability to divide rather than unite. And I think that I’m tired of being called a traitor, because I like my flag and I support the troops.

Watch the video on Crooks & Liars.

No comments:

 
ShareThis