Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hybrid Trucks...

... are a complete waste of time. I just caught a Cadillac commercial touting their new Escalade Hybrid. Let me say that again: an ESCALADE HYBRID! Guess what the small print at the bottom of the screen said: Estimated MPG 12 City/19 Highway. The website touts 20 City/21 Highway. Well fuck, put me on the list or one of those!

Can someone tell me what the point of a luxury hybrid is? It's not about the affordability, because if you can afford an Escalade, then you probably can afford the gas. Environmentalists aren't going to run out and buy one just because it's a hybrid when then can get 2½ times the gas mileage with a Toyota or a Honda, are they?

So what is the point exactly? Is it because this way rich people can feel like they're doing their part? I hate to be cynical, but name me another reason.

No comments:

 
ShareThis