Charles Pierce: The Real Problem with the Demented Republican Party
Chris Cillizza: Who had the worst week in Washington? CIA Director David H. Petraeus.
Mark Ambinder: How the Secret Service Said Goodbye to Mitt Romney
Matt Sedensky: Florida Vote Beyond Recount Range; West Won't Concede
Ta-Nehisi Coates: Hippies Wander Into the Lions' Den, Maul Lions
Saturday, November 10, 2012
Extending Middle Class Tax Cuts to Grow the Economy
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Observations and Musings Post Election Day
- Despite looking at factual evidence, the emotional heart will always doubt what your logical mind already knows.
- How many times does President Obama and his team need to prove doubters wrong before they realize that "I Got This" actually means something?
- If three million votes was a "mandate" for George W. Bush in 2004, you'd better fucking believe it's good enough to be a mandate for President Obama. "I've got political capital, and I intend to spend it" never sounded so good.
- The bubble that Fox News and the Republican Party's live in is so massive, they dismissed every single poll that didn't show their desired outcome, to the point of creating the ironically named UnskewedPoll.com, and seemed truly shellshocked that President Obama won reelection.
- Is Nate Silver a witch? No. But he's one badass numbers genius motherfucker!
- Joe Scarborough and every idiot talking head on TV who doesn't live in reality, doesn't deserve your precious time. Unless you're a masochist, stop watching them.
- I've had it up to here (pointing to my ball sac) with Republican talking heads now saying that President Obama has to prove anything to Republican politicians. Bipartisanship and compromise is a two way street. And it the GOP wants to stay relevant, they'd better jettison the crazies in their party and start acting like adults instead of holding their breath until they get what they want.
- Not only is he a media whore and an opportunist, but Donald Trump has become a boil on the ass of America. I don't understand how he thinks he looks like anything but a laughingstock now. Even Brian Williams called him out today with this: "Trump has "driven well past the last exit to relevance and veered into something closer to irresponsible." How that sloth continues to live on his head and share in the embarrassment is amazing to me. I guess love knows no bounds.
More to come...
UPDATE – 8pm:
- Today is the first day of work towards regaining the Democratic majority in the House of Representatives in 2014. Just as in 2008, we can’t think this is over after the election. It’s not the end, it’s the beginning.
- Unless Citizens United is overturned, we will have a much harder time matching the Dark Side dollar for dollar, especially in the mid-term elections, so we have to double our efforts on the ground. And it starts now.
- Despite only four hours sleep between 16 hour days, I have a spring in my step today. The air is a little fresher, the sky is a little bluer, and the tears of dumbass Republican voters are a little sweeter.
- No matter what anyone says, yesterday’s results PROVE we are not a center right nation. Maine and Maryland voted for marriage equality. Washington and Colorado voted for recreational marijuana use. The times, they are a-changin’.
- After Chris Murphy won his Senate race in Connecticut, part of me wanted WWE magnate Linda McMahon to sneak up behind Murphy during his victory speech and cold cock him in the back of the head with a metal folding chair.
- Rape apologists Richard Mourdock and Todd Akin got their asses handed to them by their opponents. They were totally asking for it. BOOM!
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Sunday, November 4, 2012
Recovering and Rebuilding after the Storm
David Roher: Nate Silver’s Braying Idiot Detractors Show That Being Ignorant About Politics Is Like Being Ignorant About Sports
Bob Cesca: Geraldo Destroys Bolling on Benghazi
Charles Pierce: Sandy and the Job Numbers: The Week When the Actual Turning Points Stepped Out of the Campaign Shadows
David Badash: Photo Op: Romney Campaign Bought Supplies To Give To Red Cross Which Only Accepts Money
The Rude Pundit: A Filthy End to the Filthy Campaign of a Filthy Liar