Sunday, April 20, 2008

Awesome Speech

This is for my friend Kim, who just came home after running her first marathon... in Paris! Congratulations, Kim. She coudn't believe I hadn't included this in my blog, so Kim, this is for you.



"Thank you, your Holiness. Awesome speech!"

How do you like that? President Dipshit actually called Pope Benedict XVIth's speech "awesome." What a proud day to be an American, huh? The leader of the free fucking world (well, free so far) sat there and listened to the words of the Pope and gave him the pResidential seal of approval. "AWESOME SPEECH!" I was waiting for "Dude" to follow, but the audio was difficult to understand.

He did say something. Maybe he said, "Nice threads" or "I'm diggin' yer slippers, kin ya send me a pair?" Did he wink and give him the thumbs up? He wasn't facing the camera, so who knows? Did he ask the Pope to go mountain biking? Perhaps he gave the Pope an all white mountain bike for his birthday and wanted a riding "pardner."

"I'm goin' ta heaven now fer sure, mountain bikin' with my friend, Pope Benny. God can't be mad at me if I treat Benny right. Ah mean, shit, if a former Nazi youth can grow up to become the fuckin' Pope, then the Big Guy's got nuthin' on me! When my time comes, I'll be truckin' through them Pearly Gates faster than you kin say 'Habeas corpus is fer pussies.' "

Ladies and Gentleman, President Spicoli. What a fucking idiot.

UPDATE: Oh, here it is. Curious George said, "Thank you, your Holiness. Awesome speech. We're gonna sit down for one more song."

Bush's requests for "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" and "I've Got Friends In Low Places" were rejected.

 
ShareThis