Saturday, July 12, 2008

Tony Snow Dead at 53


NY TIMES: WASHINGTON — Tony Snow, the conservative columnist and television commentator who relished sparring with reporters during a 17-month stint as President Bush’s press secretary, died Saturday of colon cancer, the White House said. He was 53.


I wish I could say I feel the least bit sorry for Snow, but I don't. I know that may sound callous but the only thing he did of any consequence relating to me personally, was to continue to lie and shill for the corrupt bastards in the White House.

He may have been personally likable, but I didn't know him personally. All I saw as a man who was so damned arrogant and disrespectful to a Washington press corps in his daily briefings, that I didn't want to know him personally.
I'm sure all "news" will stop for the next day or so as everyone remembers the Tony Snow that nobody knew. My respectful condolences go out to his family, but as far as I'm concerned, I am completely indifferent to Snow shuffling off this mortal coil.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really are an ass. You said you didn't know Tony Snow, yet you're willing to judge him.

Broadway Carl said...

That is exactly right. I have the right to my opinion and I am judging Tony Snow on what he did in public life and how it relates to me.

As far as being an ass, yes, sometimes I am. But being an ass doesn't necessarily make you wrong. Of course, that theory is blown out of the water in reference to the current administration.

 
ShareThis