Friday, October 17, 2008

McCain on Letterman

When I first heard that John McCain was invited back to The Late Show I got pissed. I figured Letterman would say it was water under the bridge, would let bygones by bygones and make McCain look like a hero. I was wrong.

Not only did Dave ask some very pertinant questions of McCain, but he also held his feet to the fire when the Maverick tried to weasel his way out of answering questions with a joke and a mug to the camera. McCain played his POW card again when he said, "I haven't had this much fun since I was interrogated." The line fell flat to my ears and although Dave chuckled, he wasn't having any of it.

If you can bear to watch it, you can see the wheels spinning in McCain's peabrain as he catches himself in mid-lie a couple of times and tries to correct himself - the Palin "palling around with terrorists" line and his association with G. Gordon Liddy are just two questions off the top of my head where McSquirmy started to lie and then caught himself, knowing full well that the audience just wasn't going to buy it.

I don't think this interview helped McCain any. He didn't mention anything new, just his routine stump speech. "I know how to get Bin Laden." "Palin's a reformer, I'm proud of her." Blah, blah, blah. Nothing new.

By the way, CBS disabled its own "embed this video" widget for this interview. Could it be that McThuselah wasn't happy with his performance and had the "liberal media" shut it down?

(H/T Paddy)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Letterman at his very best!!! Especially in the 2nd half of the McCain interview! Good to see that both -at least somewhat- kept their sense of humor in all of this though

 
ShareThis