Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Moving Day


After a four month hiatus from blogging, I've decided to close the chapter on Broadway Carl. The blog has been a labor of love (Jebus knows I never got paid for it) but over the course of the six and a half years of its existence, I've gotten married, bought a house and had two beautiful children - the second just eleven weeks ago - and worked picked up in a more managerial sense. As life progressed spare time grew shorter and shorter. Something had to give and unfortunately the blog was it.

There were many times over these past four months that I felt a twinge to writing about something on my mind, whether it was about the faux Obama "scandals" or Edward Snowden or Trayvon Martin, but the feeling would pass and I'd let it go. I realized I was suffering blogger burnout and since there wasn't sufficient time to properly put my thoughts down, I avoided it altogether.

Then last week, my friend and contributor to the blog Desert Crone published a post that was thoughtful and thought provoking, enough for me to respond to it. And I realized I missed it. I missed expressing my opinion in this format and I let  her know that I'd reestablish the blog and try to start it up again. It was like trying to turn over an engine that hadn't run for a while.

So while this is the end of one blog, it's the beginning of a new chapter - and it started last night with Broadway Carl 2.0. After a 3am feeding, I couldn't sleep as my mind was racing about work, house projects and yes, Anthony Weiner. A few random thoughts popped into my head and I felt the need to express them. But since my blog has been dormant for months besides the one post from Desert Crone, I am starting anew. Broadway Carl 2.0 (broadwaycarl2point0.blogspot.com) was born and until I can straighten out the domain name redirect, there will be a transitional period.

If you've enjoyed what you've read here for over 6 years, please come visit us at


to continue the journey with me. I've grown a lot these last six years and I'm hoping that my writing will be less rage and more comical cynicism with a point and some humor (some of it inappropriate but that's how I roll). Yes, I'll still rant occasionally but that all becomes white noise after a while... sort of like Glenn Greenwald screaming about drones and how Obama is worse than Bush, even though he was a Bush supporter... still trying to wrap my head around that one.

Head on over!

12 comments:

jual jaket kulit said...

nice for posting this article much information and interesting for all people regards..

Unknown said...

Perhaps most replica handbags targeted to the adults is the movie's extremely clumsy political replica wathces commentary. See, the good energy that fuels Astro Boy is Blue. It's positive and leads to prada handbags positive change. Bad or negative energy is Red. It is aggressive and warlike.

small closet door ideas said...

I at hinie enjoyed reading your blog and yield it both communicative and interesting. I vow be ineluctable to bookmark it and knout it as again as I can.

Thanks

toko jaket kulit said...

listening and reading an interesting article and a lot of helpful info I really like blogs like this

Unknown said...

I have only been to America twice but both instances I came back with three new handbags, the latest Fendi replica bags available at half the price! If only I could afford to go purchasing in America twice a yr.The Prada replica handbag is manufactured in Italy. Several handbags that intend to fake as Balenciaga replica handbag will say that it is from other nations such as France.

The Fendi replica Uk handbag will have a label that read "Made in Paris". If you uncover out that its label state it is manufactured from Paris, you should avoid it. The true handbag has a label that marked "Made in Italy".The more substantial handbags are for the lady who has a good deal going on. These bags also come in a great assortment of colors, types, and fabrics. Most have adjustable straps and provide a selection of closure like zippers, snaps, and flaps. Also, these Prada replica Uk bags typically provide many smaller sized compartments with separate closures to support organize all you have going on. This can make it less difficult to uncover what you are looking for.The polished steel hardware adds a hint of modernity.Kooba Bags: an additional wonderful brand associated with trendy Balenciaga replica Uk handbags in todays globe is Kooba. The Kooba bags are present day, classic yet quite fashionable. It is for each woman who desires to get observed even in regular days. With distinctive textures and original types, Kooba bags have marked their personal niche in this planet of bags. With Kooba bags you are absolutely going to stay apart from crowd.

Eric walker said...

Nice bro funny new year meme

Eric walker said...

nice christmas card message ideas for teachers

Eric walker said...

wao happy valentines day 2019

Eric walker said...


funny happy new year pics

Clipping Path Service said...

Amazing post with lots of informative and useful and amazing content. Well written and done!! Thanks for sharing keep posting.

David Millar said...


Thanks a lot for sharing your valuable post with us
Ghost Mannequin services
Photo Retouching Services
background removal service

Morgan said...

so that you remember all the vital points mentioned here. There's another important thing you should remember, when it comes to the best technicians for appliance repair, Libertyville is an area to look for. Top Rated Washer Repair Service in Riverside

 
ShareThis