Monday, November 12, 2007

Broadway Stagehands Strike

Don't know if it's news to you or not, my loyal reader, but we are in the midst of a strike.
Local One held a press conference held on Sunday, November 11th, one day after the Broadway stagehands union struck. Negotiations broke down three weeks prior. The stagehands have been working without a contract since July 31st, and after the breakdown in talks, the League of American Theatres and Producers imposed work rules on the union.

Here is the entire press conference:

PART ONE:



PART TWO:



PART THREE:



PART FOUR:



PART FIVE:



PART SIX:



PART SEVEN:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many days of dark theaters and losses on shows are the producers willing to take before they stop their neanderthal tactics and get back to reality?

They charge $400 for tickets, but can't afford to pay a stagehand?

Give me a break.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Carl for publishing the Local One press conference. I was too busy walking the picket line to sneak into the back of St. Malachy's and personally witness it. I wish the press conference got as much media attention as the League's less than honest soundbites. Shame on the League. Shame on the press for their biased coverage.

Spot 2 said...

I posted your videos on my blog. Hope you don't mind, and I hope this is getting resolved... :/

Anonymous said...

Carl,thanks so much for your Web sight.I am retired and live in the CA High Sierras There is no media coverage here either. Thankfully,Pres.Geo.Blanch Local 33LosAngeles,sent me your info.Thank you Local 1 for your stand.Legit Theatre nationally is on the line...Respectfully yours,Ken LoVetere,Local 33

Unknown said...

I echo brother ken Lovetere comments thank you. the current legit labor situation is not good for us if they(mgmt) could psm sm would do it all.
steve wright semi retired
hum head ,squint Local 33

 
ShareThis