Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ferraro Quits - But Still Doesn't Get It

What a completely unhinged person.

CNN - Geraldine Ferraro has stepped down from her role as a member of Hillary Clinton's finance committee.

In a letter to Clinton obtained by CNN's Suzanne Malveaux — who spoke with the former vice presidential candidate shortly after she sent it to Clinton — Ferraro said she is stepping down so, "I can speak for myself and you can continue to speak for yourself about what is at stake in this campaign."

In a phone conversation with Malveaux, Ferraro said she was not asked to step down by Senator Clinton or her campaign...

"I am who I am and I will continue to speak up." She added that she thought it was a shame that the Obama campaign was trying to block her First Amendment rights...

Full letter:

Dear Hillary –

I am stepping down from your finance committee so I can speak for myself and you can continue to speak for yourself about what is at stake in this campaign.

The Obama campaign is attacking me to hurt you.
I won't let that happen. Thank you for everything you have done and continue to do to make this a better world for my children and grandchildren.

You have my deep admiration and respect.

Gerry

Unacceptable comments followed by a resignation with no apology. If it sounds like a racist, and it smells like a racist, chances are, it's a racist. There is no spinning this any other way. And to top it off, Clinton did absolutely nothing to squelch the comments other than to disagree with them. For a person who believes there's a difference between "reject" and "denounce", Clinton did neither. No "rejection", no "denunciation", no "repudiation", nothing. Just "disagreement."

Now Ferraro can freely "speak for herself" and continue her attacks with no repercussion on the Clinton campaign. Brilliant!

One begs the ironic question: was Geraldine Ferraro the VP nominee in 1984 because she was female? She just doesn't get it.

(H/T Bob Cesca for the awesome video!)

No comments:

 
ShareThis