Thursday, July 17, 2008

Last Play At Shea

Yesterday, my wife and I enjoyed an evening of Billy Joel as he played a three hour concert at Shea Stadium in its final year.


And what a great concert it was. In the middle of "New York State of Mind," out came Tony Bennett to partake in a couple of verses. Then a few songs later, Joel was joined by John Mayer as he played the guitar solo to "This Is The Time." My wife and I looked at each other and wondered what other guests Billy might have in store.

Don Henley came out to sing "The Boys Of Summer" and the crowd went nuts. And finally, after a few more famous Joel tunes, John Mellencamp brought the house down with "Pink Houses."

I'm tired today and my ears are still ringing (we had 5th row floor seats) but it was well worth it to watch Billy Joel in the house that The Beatles played in, singing Beatles tunes and showing that he can still fire it up at 59.






1 comment:

kipperson said...

I am so totally jealous! Sounds like you guys had a fabulous time. We must catch up soon!
kim

 
ShareThis