Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Obama Smear E-mail Update Part 2

The update at this point is that there is no update. The e-mails I've sent out in trying to reach Gary McDermott, the supposed originator of the "Obama dissed a wheelchair vet" story have garnered no response.

However, I did get this comment from Jim Davlin, a disabled Vietnam veteran who didn't take kindly to the receiving the same e-mail and apparently came across my blog trying to validate the story as well.

UNEDITED: I got the email today and like you I tried in Vain to valid it. And got no joy! Seems you can write anything you want and, people will believe it at least the right wing zealots.I find this truly disturbing because I am a disable Marine in a wheelchair, this makes us look like at best a bunch of winers at worst liars. Good luck on tracking this coward down, if he told half the truth he would stand up and be counted!Just so there is no questions my name is Jim Davlin, I was with Delta Company 1/5 , in 1966, My email is Jimdavlin@charter.net. I stand behind what I say, so if this coward has the stones email me!

Thanks, Jim. I hope you have better luck than I'm having. If you hear anything let me know.

No comments:

 
ShareThis