Friday, December 30, 2011

My Pet Peeves of 2011

POSTED BY JHW22

The media breaking that OBL was killed before Obama had a chance to tell us.

The GOP cutting government jobs then uses those job losses as proof that unemployment is Obama's fault.

People who have STILL not read the NDAA bill and STILL think Obama is going to personally lock them up in concentration camps indefinitely. The biggest part of the pet peeve: I'm not talking about Michele Bachmann and Victoria Jackson. I am talking about people who think Glenn Greenwald, Cenk Uygur, et al, have told them everything they need to know.

The 9-9-9 Plan.

I'd say Rick Perry, but as my governor, he's my pet peeve every year.

The fact that Glenn Beck lives near me now and I fear I may see him at my favorite chicken fried steak restaurant some day.

The Supreme Court Justices who think it's OK to hob-nob with players in extremely significant and controversial cases they will hear just in time for an extremely significant election.

Not being able to trust journalists/pundits I used to be able to count on for fair perspectives. Reporting on Obama is increasingly lacking in the full perspective by many people I USED to think presented better information. Makes me wonder if they tell the whole story on other issues. That doubt is why I stopped watching them for the most part.

The words: caved, grow a pair, grow a spine, get tough, etc.

Hyperbole, in general. Even when I use it.

Historical low public opinion of Congress makes a blanket statement of members who are actually very good and doing their jobs. It bothers me that people like Sherrod Brown, Debbie W-S and others, are graded in the same clump as Louie Gohmert and Eric Cantor.

Americans who blame Obama for the GOP's obstinacy. Because he said he'd try to change the tone, he was apparently the only one expected to work toward that.

Newt and Calista Gingrich using the Presidency as cover for their money-raising scheme.

Mitt Romney for being a dud. He could at least bring some fun to his campaign so disliking him would be more like disliking an opposing football team and less like disliking a plain, gray rock that tripped you.

Speaking of football, and this is really not a pet peeve because it's far more than that: football coaches who allow violence towards kids. Whether they personally committed the violence or didn't do anything to help prevent more.

I just realized, it's hard to distinguish pet peeves from really bad shit this year. So on that note, I think I'll end my pet peeves list and start preparing my "Hopes for 2012" list. Better energy.

Happy New Year, Y'all!

No comments:

 
ShareThis