Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Yes, Virginia. There IS a Santa Claus!

Nebraska "Democratic" Senator Ben Nelson is retiring.
The 70-year-old conservative Democrat, whose seat is being heavily targeted by Republicans in 2012, said in a statement that "while I relish the opportunity to undertake the work that lies ahead, I also feel it’s time for me to step away from elective office, spend more time with my family, and look for new ways to serve our state and nation."
"Therefore, I am announcing today that I will not seek re-election," he said. "Simply put: It is time to move on."
This story is being spun as a blow to Democrats, with Republicans needing to net four seats to regain control of the Senate in 2012. But really, if you look at Nelson's voting record, is this other than good news for Democrats? Nelson may have a "D" after his name, but on the big votes he could not be counted on.

No comments:

 
ShareThis