Wednesday, May 9, 2012

President Obama Endorses Marriage Equality

Via Think Progress -

President Obama: I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together, when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that Don’t Ask Don’t Tell is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married.
Evolution complete. BOOM!, goes the dynamite.

This comes on the heels of Vice President Joe Biden's comments on Meet The Press and of course the heinous North Carolina Amendment voted on yesterday banning same-sex marriage in a state where you are allowed to marry your first cousin... as long both cousins aren't gay.

Right wing freak out in 5... 4... 3...

  video platform video management video solutions video player

1 comment:

NowhereMan said...

Thank you Joe Biden.Next time your on MTP how about saying for the legalization of pot.It would ease the billions of federal dollars in law enforcement and jail space.It would ease crime in Mexico where there have been over 60,000 drug killings.You could then tax it just like you do with alcohol and put a big dent in the federal budget.
While I'm at it,why is Obama raiding licensed pot farms and stores that sell medical marijuana?Even Bush wasn't that heavy handed.I don't want to hear how he has to enforce the law.DOMA is a law but he chooses not to enforce that one.

 
ShareThis