Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Wingnuts Are Coming, But We Have Hope - UPDATED

"I'm a California doctor who must choose between my faith and my job."

Seriously? What doctor will be unable to do his or her job because of gay marriage?

Maggie Gallagher, President of the National Organization for Marriage insists that their latest "gay marriage will make us all gay" commercial is "based on real incidents." Looks like it's a little too scripted for my taste. And badly scripted at that.



Once again, these people cannot separate legal, state sanctioned marriage and a religious marriage ceremony. This has nothing to do with their faith. By the way, does the state require a marriage license or is just the religious ceremony okay? Yeah, that's what I thought.

(H/T GottaLaff, TPC)


UPDATE (4/11/09 10am): The NOM pussies have pulled the audition videos from YouTube claiming copyright infringement! HA! It's too late, bigots. It's out there. Everyone knows it's out there. I'm leaving it up just to see that sad, sad notice when pushing play.

I'm also glad the rubes are having an "open and honest" dialogue on their blog by rejecting probably 95% of comments they disagree with during their moderation. I knew it would happen, so I wrote a very respectful comment asking to please provide me with the information or guide me to something on the NOM website to verify the claim that a California doctor had to choose between his faith and his job because of gay marriage. I got no answer and my comment was never published. What a surprise.

The sad part for them (but good for us) is that everyone else knows it as well so the commenting generally stopped before it even started. Pretty sad to get a total of 14 comments over 5 posts for a group that claims to be two million strong for marriage.

2 comments:

Annette said...

I can't figure it out either.. thanks for supporting Vast and the movement.. My comments are still waiting for approval...lol for over 3 hours.. not sure how long it takes.. moderation be damned.. that's just plain censureship.

Matt Osborne said...

I let my curiosity get the better of me a little while ago and started Googling. The result is the blog I posted just a little while ago.

The "National Organization for Marriage" turns out to be a front for Opus Dei. Seriously.

The president, chairman of the board, and executive director are all proponents of the hostile birth movement and opponents of contraception. No kidding -- they're the people who think condoms are worse than AIDS.

And the president of NOM is the other columnist from the Armstrong Williams scandal. You can't make this shit up!

 
ShareThis