Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Clash of Cultures (It's not what you think)

posted by Armadillo Joe

via Yglesias, proof that Obama Derangement Syndrome is not just a problem for the mouth-breathing knuckledraggers in wingnut comment threads over at LGF or Town Hall, but also at America’s Shittiest Website™ by one of Teh Right's premier "intellectuals".

My friends, this is a very real phenomenon:

"Perhaps people who are busy gushing over the Obama cult today might do well to stop and think about what it would mean for their granddaughters to live under sharia law."
Words fail me.

1 comment:

Fraulein said...

You know what -- I think that's awesome. The more people understand just how out of touch these people are, the further marginalized they'll be. I'd wager that even a lot of people who tend to self-identify as Republicans will recoil in disgust when they read stuff like this.

For some reason this reminds me of an exchange I had with the Peanut (my 4 and a half-year-old daughter) in the car on the way to work this morning. Sometimes I will grumble about various things, such as the crumbling roads in our area that never seem to get fixed or, more seriously, (as I blogged recently) about the many homeless people we pass along our route. She always asks why these problems can't be fixed, and I always say, "It's because of the Republicans." So she knows that Republicans are responsible for a lot of bad things. This morning when we passed a car sporting a McCain bumper sticker. I was so surprised by this that I remarked on it, not expecting the Peanut to even pick up on my remark. But she did respond, exclaiming: "Wow, we have to tell Daddy we saw a REAL LIVE Republican!" She made it sound like we'd encountered a Dodo bird or a dinosaur.

Reading your post about the asinine "sharia law" remark makes me think, well, if present trends continue...they'll come closer to dinosaur status than one could have possibly imagined just a few years ago.

 
ShareThis