Saturday, June 12, 2010

Vuvuzela: Tool of the Devil

FIFA World Cup. (FEE-FA? FIE-FA? Eh, who gives a shit?)

Did you ever watch a Duke basketball game and notice the fans jumping up and down and humming incessantly? For the entire. Fucking. Game? I don't know about you, but I kind of find it annoying... as I do most Duke fans.

Well, let's take it up a notch, shall we? Or maybe a thousand notches. If you watch any of the games during this year's World Cup, you'll notice a long, constant low drone echoing in the background. This is created by the dreaded "vuvuzela." Or perhaps 50,000 vuvuzelas. It's enough to curve your spine and make your eyes explode out of their sockets.



(Thank you, Andy for bringing this to my attention and ruining my World Cup... HAHAAHAAHAAA! Couldn't even keep a straight face for that last line!)

No comments:

 
ShareThis