Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sesame Street Bans Katy Perry

Being a new father of a baby girl, I found this rather odd.

Katy Perry's video with Elmo will not be shown on Sesame Street because "she's showing too much cleavage."

"In light of the feedback we've received on the Katy Perry music video which was released on You Tube only, we have decided we will not air the segment on the television broadcast of Sesame Street, which is aimed at preschoolers. Katy Perry fans will still be able to view the video on You Tube."
Seriously? Are parents projecting their sexual angst on this video? This costume is tame in comparison to what Katy Perry usually wears, and shame on the parents who can't get over their own sexual misgivings that they would complain with comments like, "You can practically see her t*ts. That's some wonderful children's programming" and "my kid wants milk now." Ridiculous.

When I was three or four years old, I don't think I was preoccupied with hot chicks and their boobs. That didn't happen until I was at least eight.

What do you think?

4 comments:

Virtual Kevin said...

I don't find her outfit to be any more provocative than say a ballet constume....

like say :
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Lorena_and_Lorna_Feij%C3%B3o

HMMMMMMMM

Broadway Carl said...

Yeah, but that's artsy, Kevin. And ballerinas usually are flat chested, so no worries there.

NowhereMan said...

Its not like shes wearing a push up bra!Its not like there was a Janet Jackson "wardrobe malfunction"!These parents need serious therapy.

Wolfe Tone said...

I want milk now.

 
ShareThis