Friday, September 5, 2008

Liveblogging at Bob Cesca's...

... is like a virtual Republican overload support group. And cheaper than actual therapy. The best part is the connection you feel and bonds you create with fellow commenters.

We've been liveblogging during the Democratic and Republican Conventions and have developed an online friendship discussing our mutual feelings regarding the political scene. We get angry, snarky and silly. There are a few that rise above like 'jane', 'The Space Cowboy', 'ceu', 'JG' and 'kansasdem', but by far, one of my favorite bloggers that I recently discovered is Mr. The Elvis Dingeldein ("its pronounced Dang-le-deen, bitches!") and his blog, "Clusterdouche." He just cracks my shit up. And I mean laugh-out-loud, can't-stop-giggling HI-larity!

Over the last two weeks, it's been my pleasure to try and match the man's sharp wit, insane sense of humor and amazing writing skillz. I haven't even come close, but I have made him laugh once or twice, so imagine my surprise when he complimented me. Yes, I enjoy and admire Mr. Elvis' writing so much that I'm flattered by his comments, so I'm including them here along with some of our comments during the RNC.

Mother, moosehunter, maverick....oh, puke.
How many times have they said "maverick"?? Obviously, they don't know what that word means.
Posted by: ceu
at September 4, 2008 09:06 PM

[Obviously, they don't know what that word means.] I don't know what they think it means, but I always substitute the word "cocksucker" for "maverick."
Posted by:
Broadway Carl at September 4, 2008 09:09 PM

BEST FREUDIAN SLIP EVER!!! TOM BROKAW INTERVIEWS TOM "RED, YELLOW, ORANGE, GO!" RIDGE, WHO SAYS:
"Because uh John Bush (D'OH!) ... John McCain is very much his own man."
Ohhhh, how I fill the Obama Underoos with love!
Posted by:
Elvis Dingeldein at September 4, 2008 11:21 PM

Dear Michael Gerson : Please insert a rabid, feral, and deeply aggravated wolverine cub in your rectum and hang upside down by your ankles until it works its way to your filthy, filthy mouth.
Posted by:
Elvis Dingeldein at September 4, 2008 11:26 PM

I love Rachel Maddow enough that I would get a sex-change operation and become a flaming uberdyke to get next to her. She's glorious. GLOR-ee-USSSS!
Posted by:
Elvis Dingeldein at September 4, 2008 11:48 PM

The Jane™ said, chicks DIG humor its hotttt
Listen, sister, if years and years (and years) of reading the Interview page of a Playboy centerfold while fighting the urge to doze off in post-self-coital bliss has taught me anything, it's that The Hot Girls love them the sense of humor. And also Corvettes. And money. Yeah, mostly it's the money. But a sense of humor is always a distant third.
Posted by:
Elvis Dingeldein at September 4, 2008 11:55 PM

So what does it say about a Republican National Convention with no overt "Republican" signs in the arena, no douchebag Republican monkey-president and no shoot-you-in-the-face vice president? The top two members of the Republican party were nowhere to be seen.
Matthews is talking about it now... condemning your own party leaders so you can be elected.
OOOH! John & Cindy McCain confetti! Also, a Sarah Palin impersonator and a couple of guys with John McCain hand puppets. Not the first time he's had a hand up his ass.
Posted by:
Broadway Carl at September 5, 2008 12:02 AM

You and I are truly soul brothers, Mr. The Broadway Carl. I say we merge our efforts and become The Broadway Clusterdouche, what say you, sir?
Posted by:
Elvis Dingeldein at September 5, 2008 12:04 AM

Mr. The Elvis Dingeldein: I'm honored that you would consider my occasional quip worthy of such an esteemed compliment. A Broadway Clusterdouche merger is a wonderful thought. That and all the Obama Underoos talk makes me hot.
Posted by:
Broadway Carl at September 5, 2008 12:11 AM

"The Broadway Clusterdouche" Sounds like a fantastic musical. Perhaps Andrew Lloyd Webber could write the score? And I think Pat Buchanan would come to see it - he just mentioned something about McCain and "mano a mano," so I think he likes that sort of thing.
Posted by: KatinWilm
at September 5, 2008 12:13 AM

Andrew Llyod Webber has so already written The Broadway Clusterdouche, Katin, haven't you ever seen an ALW show? Jesus The Christ™ (Superstar!) they're insufferable!
Posted by:
Elvis Dingeldein at September 5, 2008 12:15 AM

I'm going to copy and paste your compliment and post it on my blog, Mr. The Elvis Dingeldein, for surely no one would believe me if I said, "You know, back in aught 8, one Mr. The Elvis Dingeldein asked me to join forces for a Broadway Clusterdouche extravaganza. Then the Republicans won back the House in 2010 and I threw my laptop out the window. I never heard from my Bob Cesca friends again."
Posted by:
Broadway Carl at September 5, 2008 12:17 AM

So does that mean that Jane is singing "Don't Know How to Love Him?" Perhaps McCain's first wife could fill in if Jane is otherwise occupied.
Posted by: KatinWilm
at September 5, 2008 12:18 AM

Or she could be singing, "What's The Buzz" not realizing it's her vibrator.
Posted by:
Broadway Carl at September 5, 2008 12:20 AM


And so if you value your sanity in this insane political time, you should do yourself a favor a stop by one of Bob Cesca's liveblogging threads and vent. It cures what ails ya. Stop by Clusterdouche as well - it's fucking hysterical.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Broadway C!
I'm Jenn and I've been reading Bob Cesca for a few months now. I've read all of you guys' comments during the conventions which lead me to your blog and Clusterdouche as well. You guys are da shit! You literally kept my eyes from bleeding out during the GOP Klan rally. You guys are so hilarious. I wanted to join in the discussions but was a lil intimidated by yall's snarky literary genius.
I do hope you and Elvis hook up. I'd be your #1 fan. Include Jane on occasions-she's a riot when all her shit works properly.
BTW-Has she and DANGLE-DEEN hooked up? I hope not. I'd hate for all the flirty online sex tensions to go away.

Broadway Carl said...

Thanks for the message, Jenn. I don't know if Mr. The Elvis Dingeldein and Ms. The jane™ have hooked up. Hell, I don't even know if they live in the same state! Please feel free to join in the discussion anytime. We don't judge... not like those danged activist judges... wait... nevermind, that's their job.

I don't know Elvis personally, but by the looks of his posts, I don't think you have to worry about the sexual tension/flirtiness to subside.

It would be cool if he ever decided to guest post on my blog or vice versa... that is if I could ever come up with anything half as funny as he does. We'll see..

Fraulein said...

These liveblogging threads on the Bob Cesca site were my introduction to Broadway Carl and Elvis, who along with the rest of the crew of commenters, kept me and my husband from going over the edge while we watched the clusterfuck otherwise known as McCain's convention. Really looking forward to more liveblogging over there as the election unfolds!

 
ShareThis