Friday, September 5, 2008

Low Point of the Republican National Convention

I knew that the GOP was classless, but this was far and away the shittiest thing I've ever witnessed. Rudy Giuliani and his "Ithlamith exthremith" fear mongering wasn't enough on Day 3 of the convention. They followed it up with video.



Someone should remind the morons that were shouting "USA! USA! USA!" at the top of their lungs after the video was over that we were attacked under a Republican watch. Bush cleared brush while being warned of the "evildoers" and was playing "read-me-a-story" while New York and the Pentagon fell.

This video was billed as a "tribute" to the victims of 9/11, but it was nothing more than cheap theatrics, complete with images of extremists that we should fear because they are "different" than us, Osama Bin Laden (who we still haven't caught under Republican rule, by the way) and the burning towers of the World Trade Center, which I personally viewed collapsing out of my rear view mirror as we were forced to evacuate Manhattan.

It may have been a tribute for the chickenhawk, mouth-breathing, knuckle-draggers at the convention, but I wonder how the families of the fallen felt? I know how I felt, and it wasn't full of pride.

3 comments:

Fraulein said...

I agree--totally appalling. For the vote of every knuckle-dragger they picked up with Caribou Barbie's rantings, they lost who knows how many moderates and independents with this crap. Just obscene.

Broadway Carl said...

I agree, fraulein. I was just speaking to a co-worker who said his uncle and that side of the family are staunch Republicans. They were still on the fence until last night. After they watched McCain's speech, they made up their minds and are voting for Obama in November.

Their main criteria was that McCain never once mentioned any type of policy points or how he would do what he claimed he would. I'm hoping that becomes the trend - and the fact that all these polls showing Obama ahead by 3-8 points only include likely voters (those that have voted in the last two preseidential elections). That means if you are 25, you didn't even vote in 2000. And all those young voters are coming out for Obama.

Fraulein said...

That is fantastic news. I've been wondering whether McCain's craptastic performance would flip any Republicans. Can you imagine what the debates will be like? Just the visuals alone -- the past vs. the future. It's gonna be a bloodbath.

 
ShareThis