Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New Contributors

Blogging is a hard thing. I initially started writing to get things off my chest when my wife refused to listen to what I had to say for fear of being blinded by my rant spittle. It was an outlet; a place where I could relieve my blood pressure.

As time went on, I realized that some people came across my blog, liked what I had to say and started returning on a regular basis. Now there was this added pressure of keeping things fresh. Returning customers are the lifeblood of any establishment, and if patrons stop by for a drink, they're more likely to make their new found watering hole a regular stop as long as my doors are open and I haven't put a "Gone Fishin'" sign in the window every few days.

Over the past two years I have also become accustomed to stopping by for a shot and beer at a couple of sites and have been inspired by the talented barkeeps. Sometimes I got the urge to mix a variation of the drink I had at their place, but they've made the best possible concoction, so there's no need to mess with the ingredients. That is why I've decided to invite a couple of these word mixologists over to my place and serve up a drink or two on occasion. If you like what I serve, I'm sure you'll like what they have to offer.

Look for them soon. But please, no karaoke. That's where I draw the line.

No comments:

 
ShareThis