Saturday, September 12, 2009

Smell It? The Stench of Crazy In The Air

I am sticking to my self imposed blackout of all things Glenn Beck and 9-12 Project today as I value my health, but I couldn't help but click on a 50 second AP video, and this sign just made me chuckle.



If you can't make it out, it reads:

OBAMA
WE HAVE WAKEN (sic) UP
TO YOUR EVIL PLANS
TO DESTROY OUR
COUNTRY. TAKE YOUR
RACIST UN-AMERICAN
ACORN GROUPS AND
ARROGENT (sic) WIFE
BACK TO YOUR OWN
COUNTRY AND STRIP
THEIR RIGHTS AWAY!


Well, looks like they surely have "waken" up.

Two things:

1 - I don't know about you, but if I happen to make up a sign for public display, I'd think about spellchecking it and making sure the words I use actually exist in the English language first.

2 - I was under the impression that Glenn Beck's 9-12 Project was intended to make people feel the way they did the day after September 11th, "when even French newspapers proclaimed: 'We’re all Americans' — we were united." It was all about unity. Looking at some of these pictures, looks like Beck missed the mark by a little bit.

3 comments:

NowhereMan said...

Most of these people didn't make it to high school which explains their ignorance, their spelling skills and lack of common sense.The rest of them are just a bunch of racist assholes.

Annette said...

You should come read some of the comments I am getting at my place.. the wingnuts are out trolling...lol

Fraulein said...

As the country grows more progressive in many important ways, the Yammering Heads they put on the TV grow, well, not more conservative, but more batshit crazy. This is clearly not a coincidence.

Can you imagine the likes of Glenn Beck making it onto the air in the age of Cronkite? Me neither.

 
ShareThis