Thursday, September 9, 2010

What the F&$^ is Wrong with People!?

POSTED BY JHW22

I told Broadway Carl, about three hours ago, that I wasn't feeling sufficiently pissed for posting anything today. Then I went shopping with my kid who annoyed me the entire time asking for toys and refusing to cooperate at any level. The traffic on the way home was ridiculous and I needed to chill out while my husband relieved me of kid duty for a moment.

AND THEN I SAW IT! And I saw it again. And I saw it again. And I saw it again.

In the span of 45 seconds I read, in multiple locations, that the asshole-who-shall-not-be-named who wants to burn copies of the Qur'an canceled his bonfire because HE SAYS the Imam and leadership of Park51 agreed to move Park51 as a quid pro quo.

But Park51 isn't going anywhere. Their official statement via Twitter:

Official: It is untrue that Park51 is being moved. The project is moving ahead as planned. What is being reported in the media is false.
In fact, just earlier today I watched Soledad O'Brien's interview with Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf from last night where he repeatedly, clearly and emphatically said that he believes relocating Park51 would be giving over to those would use that concession as a tool against America. There is no way the Imam would play Clarice Starling to the religious-text-burning-asshole-who-shall-not-be-named's Hannibal Lecter. And they didn't.

So you know what we have here, folks? What we have here is a failure to communicate.

One crazy, despised, disrespected asshole-who-shall-not-be-named said jump and everyone jumped. Media ran with it like it was the biggest breaking news story ever and didn't bother to check with PARK51 FIRST! And then people read the headlines and read the quotes of the asshole-who-shall-not-be-named and believed him. HIM. Seriously?

If that's not bad enough, now people will be going about their day thinking that moving Park51 is even an option all because some asshole-who-shall-not-be-named LIED and everyone FELL FOR IT!

I can't slap my forehead enough or bang my head on my laptop enough over the rapid stupidity that transpired in a matter of moments while I was telling my son that if he asked for a toy one more time, he'd lose a time stick*. Never before have I wished to argue with a four-year-old rather than face the absurdity of America more than just now.

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. And yes, I am now sufficiently enraged.


*My son earns a time stick when he's good and trades in time sticks when he wants to watch a show. When he runs out of time sticks, he can't watch shows anymore. When's he's really ornery, he can lose time sticks.

1 comment:

NowhereMan said...

John Stewart said it best-the media is like a bunch of 5 year olds playing soccer-they all go chasing the ball at the same time.
The lazyness of the press infuriates me to no end.I remember the old days of Walter Cronkite when his show's announcer began with-Dan Rather in Da Nang-Robert Trout in Rome-Ed Bradley in South Africa-Marvin Kalb in Russia etc.What do we get today?A bunch of idiots who couldn't even spell the word journalism camped out in front of a church which boasts 50 followers in obvious need of therapy whose craving for attention leader's undeserved 15 minutes of fame should've ended 15 days ago!
To show you just how clueless these media assholes are,they take the nut's word as gospel that the Imam had agreed to move the mosque even though the Imam all along has made no bones about the fact that hes not moving the mosque!Lets see,do I take the word of a respected Imam who is loved and respected by the community for over 30yrs or do I take the word of the nut?I don't care!I want to be the first to broadcast the story!Lets not let the facts get in the way besides ,I don't want to waste time by calling the Imam to see if the story is true!That would take real work!Leave that up to a real journalist!

 
ShareThis