Friday, April 29, 2011

But It's Not About Racism (The "Blacks Are Lazy" Edition)

Excuse me while I pick up the shattered remains of my jaw off the floor.

"We have a high percentage of blacks in prison, and that's tragic," Kern said, "but are they in prison just because they are black or because they don't want to study as hard in school?
"I've taught school," she added, "and I saw a lot of people of color who didn't study hard because they said the government would take care of them."
Wow. That's Oklahoma State Republican Rep. Sally Kern's explanation for why she supports an amendment to eliminate Affirmative Action in the state government. But not to worry, Kern is not just anti-black, she's an all-around bigot.
Kern has a long history of bringing controversy to the Oklahoma House. She has introduced a bill to ban Sharia law in the state, and another that would allow teachers to question evolution. Kern also claimed that "gays are infiltrating city councils" and gay people are "the biggest threat our nation has, even more so than terrorism or Islam, which I think is a big threat."
(H/T Bob Cesca)

2 comments:

jhw22 said...

I'd like to hear some of her former black students speak out. What an insult to them personally. Bitch.

Jennifer

JUDI M. said...

I'd like the GAY blacks (her former students) to go after her!

 
ShareThis