Friday, September 12, 2008

Double-Talk Express

John McCain, debating with Former New York City Rudy Mayor Giulani and Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, October 2007:

"I have had a strong and a long relationship on national security, I've been involved in every national crisis that this nation has faced since Beirut, I understand the issues, I understand and appreciate the enormity of the challenge we face from radical Islamic extremism," the Senator declared. "I am prepared. I am prepared. I need no on-the-job training. I wasn't a mayor for a short period of time. I wasn't a governor for a short period of time."

John McCain on Sarah Palin's "executive experience":
"I'm so proud that she has displayed the kind of judgment and she has the experience and judgment as an executive... She's been commander in chief of the Alaska National Guard ... she's had judgment on these issues. She's had 12 years of elected office experience, including traveling to Kuwait, including being involved in these issues. I'm so proud she has the experience and judgment as an executive."

And that's what we call the GOP flim-flam.





(H/T Sam Stein)

No comments:

 
ShareThis