Friday, October 24, 2008

Music Break! Ben Folds Five Reunion

I need a political break. My mind if fried. I can't stand listening to Palin and McCain, who at this very moment is blaming the Democrats and Obama for the alternative minimum tax. For years, the Republicans have blocked legislation to raise the ceiling on the AMT and now more than 30 million people are whacked by it every April 15th. In fact, it was the Reagan administration that fucked it all up ot begin with. Yeah, that's right. The great Ronald Reagan.

And now that wrinkly assed douchebag is now laying it on the feet of the Dems and Obama?! Fuck you, McCain. I can't wait for you to fade into oblivion. Just 11 more days. Old soldiers never die, they just sit on one of their seven front porches yelling at kids to get off their lawn.

I need a music break.

MySpace is doing these cool "front to back" concerts asking bands to play a whole album in order. Ben Folds is one of my favorites. If you have a spare 53 minutes, enjoy "The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner."

Ben Folds Five - MySpace Front To Back concert


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey B Carl it's scribblechic again following you from Cesca's page. Thanks for the intro to Ben Folds Five. Never heard of them until now and what an awesome way to end a day of calling Dorks in Indiana for Obama. I'm totally over this election. My brain is fried and I'm a nervous wreck. We did have an awesome phonebank set up though. It was in Yerba Buena Park in San Francisco. We sat outside in the sunshine and used our cells to basically get hung up on and cussed out by the good folks of indy. We took periodic breaks for speakers and live bands so it was totally worth while.
Between helping Barack and assisting my Gay/Lesbian friends with fighting Prop 8 I'm wiped out. This shit better work or I'm gonna need some serious therapy come 05NOV.

Broadway Carl said...

Therapy for us both, scribblechic.

Glad you liked the music. It's my own kind of therapy. Just concentrating on music and nothing else for a little bit clears my head. If you decide to pick up some Ben Folds music, send me an e-mail and I'll direct you to the better stuff. Not that all of it isn't good, but some of it is different - some harder - some a little mellower.

Awesome calling Indy by the way. A friend of mine is from there and getting barraged with smear e-mails from friends and family and fighting back every day. Guess that's why he moved to New York!

Anonymous said...

my email is: scribblechic@aol.com

thanks for the hookup

 
ShareThis