Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Say It Ain't So, Joe

You couldn't do it, could you, Joe. You could keep your trap shut for just two more weeks. Fourteen stinking days was all that was left before the most important election maybe ever, and you had to plant your foot firmly in your piehole.

"...And here's the point I want to make. Mark my words. Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy. And he's gonna have to make some really tough - I don't know what the decision's gonna be, but I promise you it will occur. As a student of history and having served with seven presidents, I guarantee you it's gonna happen. I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate..."

Are you fucking kidding me?

I've been out of touch since Sunday because of an AIDS benefit fundraiser and worked 36 hours straight, so when I got home and this was the first thing I heard, my mind couldn't process it. I figured something was taken out of context. I went to bed and when I got up, there was Sarah Fucking Palin using the "scenarios" line in one of her fear mongering speeches. You gotta be fucking kidding.

And then I got angry because I realized that it doesn't matter if what Biden said was taken out of context. He said it and now it was going to be used as ammunition fourteen days away from Election Day. He was doing so well too... except for the "Hillary Clinton would've been a better pick" line. I love you Joe, but Jesus H(ussein) Christ, what the hell happened to the brain filter in your head? Did it blow out with your aneurysm? Is it like a leaky gasket - the brain fluid seeps into the engine and comes out as blue smoke cloud from your mouth? It's the gaffe gift that keeps on giving.

I still haven't heard it on tape and am still too cross-eyed to read the whole transcript to figure out what the hell he was thinking, but like I said, it doesn't matter. It just became fodder for the GOP, the McCain campaign and the media to feast on and distract us for another fleeting day - and that pisses me off.

No comments:

 
ShareThis