Thursday, November 6, 2008

Electoral Map Question

Can someone explain to me why Missouri (tied at 49% with 100% of the precincts reporting - where are the other 2%?) has been called for McCain with over 2.8 million votes cast and McCain's lead at 5,868 votes but North Carolina (tied at 50% with 100% of the precincts reporting) hasn't been called for Obama with over 4.2 million votes cast and an Obama lead of 14,053 votes? What am I missing?

I know it doesn't matter to the news organizations anymore and therefore I won't hear it on the tube, and that it won't change the results of the election, but I'd like to know what's going on. My sadistic side really wants to turn these states blue. Can anyone enlighten me?


UPDATE (2:55pm):
BAM! Obama wins North Carolina. What took so fucking long? This article also states that Missouri is still too close to call, even though I've seen maps and stories handing MO to McCain. Maybe I'll get my wish after all. Woohoo! Political woody!

No comments:

 
ShareThis