Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Taking A Stand

Yesterday, I heard Chris Matthews and whatever talking heads were sitting on his set almost mock Rep. Anthony Weiner when he stated that unless there was a public option in the final bill, the President would lose 100 Democratic votes in the House. They dismissed it as bluster and hyperbole.

The line is now drawn in the sand.


They are "firm in their Position that any legislation that moves forward through both chambers, and into a final proposal for the President's signature, MUST contain a public option."

This is why I believe the public option is not yet dead. I wonder what Matthews thinks now? (Here is the original letter.)

2 comments:

Matt Osborne said...

I'm sure Tweety thinks the Village will succeed where ten thousand teabaggers have failed.

I can't wait to see the reaction when, not if, the public option becomes law.

Fraulein said...

This is great news -- can you please cross-post? Now that I'm back from vacation I really need to attend to my poor neglected blog again...thanks!

 
ShareThis