Friday, October 8, 2010

In What Resepect, Sarah PAC?

POSTED BY JHW22

Sorry for yet another Sarah Palin post but she just provides a plethora of observation opportunities. Sarah Palin's PAC, Sarah PAC, states on the front page:

Sarah Palin's Official PAC
Dedicated to building America's future, supporting fresh ideas and candidates who share our vision for reform and innovation.
And on the FAQ page:
How will contributions be spent?
...
SarahPac will support local and national candidates who share Gov. Palin's ideas and goals for our country.

Now, when I read those two points, I think that donations pay to fund candidates via Sarah's support. And when I see Sarah Palin at a rally for a candidate she is endorsing, I make the assumption that Sarah PAC paid for her travel and lodging. Maybe I am naive, but when I see her collecting donations to support candidates, I expect her to use those donations to do so.


Looking at her last FEC release, it appears Sarah PAC donated $92000.00 to candidates for the calendar year by the July quarterly date. We'll see what that year-to-date total is since then soon when the next quarterly report comes out. Considering Sarah PAC received $1,258,297.37 in donations from average Joe and Jane Grizzlies, I wonder what THEY think they are funding.

I wouldn't really be asking except that it turns out Karen Handel, who ran for Governor in Georgia, is hurting after "Palin’s demand of a $92,000 private jet and a $13,000 hotel room left the campaign $83,000 in debt." Now, most people are criticizing Palin for bankrupting Handel but I have two points:

1) Karen Handel should have had more common sense than to go into debt -- if she REALLY is a fiscal conservative. ;) ;) So shame on her. 
2) What the hell does the Sarah PAC pay for? If she raises money to support candidates and then charges for a private jet and a fancy hotel, then, um, doesn't something seem just not right here?

I am not an expert on PACs -- in fact I doubt anyone really is because there are more loopholes than in an afghan crocheted for a blue whale -- but I am pretty sure there's some sort of double-billing by way of misrepresentation or something clever like that.

So you support candidates with your PAC, Sarah? In what respect?

1 comment:

NowhereMan said...

Oh Jen,you're just a member of the lame stream blogosphere trying to get questions answered that the main stream media is too lazy to ask.Shame on you for trying to ask important questions!

 
ShareThis