Saturday, March 7, 2009

Class of 1984

I attended my first high school reunion last evening. It's been 25 years since graduating from an all male Catholic high school... I think I'm still recovering. Not from the reunion, from the high school.

I kid. I had a great time seeing old friends, some of whom I've kept in touch with over the years and some who I haven't seen since walking out of the front doors. Some of us traded business cards in an attempt to really keep in touch this time. One friend came across my blog though my Facebook page and said he reads it daily, and although he doesn't agree with everything I say, if he agrees with any of it, he gets a kick out it and encouraged me to keep writing. Steve, if you're reading this, please leave a comment once in a while. That's the whole point of these blogs - to encourage debate.

Anyway, a fun time was had by all as we reminisced about the good ol' days of high school, traded stories (some true, some legend), rekindled lost friendships and forged new ones.

1 comment:

chris said...

I went to my 30th a few years back. The woman who was my best friend thru high school hadn't changed a bit. No extra pounds, no little wrinkles, no gray hair - she even still had the same hair style )long & straight). Talking to her was a bit like being transported back in time....
Reunions are fun, though. Ya get to see how the "cool" kids really weren't, and that people liked you more than they let on all those years ago.
I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I remember you dithering a bit a few months back about going...

 
ShareThis