Monday, March 9, 2009

Tri Kim Tri

I know this is a hard time for our pocketbooks, what with our economy in shambles, record job losses and dropping a ton in the stock market (if you've been listening to Jim Cramer on CNBC), but I wanted to bring attention to a worthy cause in which my good friend Kim is participating.

I've known Kim personally for about for six years now and we have worked on a couple of shows together. My wife and I were lucky enough to have her attend our destination wedding. In the time that I've known her, Kim has expanded her horizons to include marathon running, which in my mind I always think I'd like to attempt just for the feeling of some incredible accomplishment... but if I wait long enough, the feeling passes and I belly up to the bar for another Guinness.

Now Kim is pushing the envelope even further for a good cause. My good friend has taken on the task of participating in a triathlon. Yeah! That's what I said! There's nothing better than running a 26 mile marathon... expect preceding it with a 2.4 mile swim and a 112 mile bike ride.

Kim will be traveling to Monterrey, California to compete in the Wildflower Olympic Triathlon in May and raising money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in the process. She's a little over half way to her monetary goal. A tax deductible contribution of any amount would be of great help. You can follow her training process on her blog and contribute to her team.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Matt Osborne said...

I'm a sprint triathlete myself. It's the most exhausting sport known to man...with the exception of soccer.

Fraulein said...

I have a good friend in NYC who did a triathlon last year (I think it was) for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!

 
ShareThis